Saturday, October 31, 2009

My LifeJournal:My first set of keys


My first keys.


There was a time,
when I was walking home from school.
With my group of friends and this guy,
I was madly infatuated with.

One day he asked me,
"When will you get your first keys?"
"What?"
"Keys. When will you get your first keys?"
"Kiss?"
"Yes. Keys"

And I started to turn red.
The person I was smitten by,
was asking me when I'll get my first kiss?!
I was shocked, embarrassed, thrilled,
all at the same time.

And so I foolishly replied,
"Well, when it comes, it comes..."
My heart was singing, thinking stupidly,
that he's showing signs of liking me too.

"Keys, keys to your house la."
Ouuuuuuhhhhhh.

Deflated, embarrassed and shocked,
I just replied loudly, as if the loud sound
could cover up the silly notion that was
seeping out of my thick skull,
"OUHHH, that...erm...well when my
parents decide I suppose."

And I hurriedly change the subject.


And so, at 21, after my grandmother's demise,
my parents finally realised the
importance of me having the house keys.

And so, at 21, I'd gotten my first set of keys.
And I have a beautiful pastel coloured,
butterfly key rings from M&S London,
to ring the 2 keys up.

=l


First Keys.

My beautiful key ring.

No comments: