Friday, February 15, 2008

My LiveJournal: Sepet, Gubra, Mukhsin

I can never stand watching a Malaysian movie.
No offense, but i find it really, really dumb.
I don't get it why people think it's hilarious.

But i know Sepet would be different.
And i was right.
Beautifully written.
Touched on real issues which had long been forgotten.

I appreciate good stuff.
So I went out to buy all three of Yasmin's movies despite already watching it.
Good stuff should be bought and stored at home.

There was this one scene that i like.
The one where Orked's parents were playing scrabble by the
frontyard
And her Dad put out 4 letters "MILF"
His wife was like "what's that?"
"Mothers I Like to ..."
"Ohhhhh"

That was cute.

I like the jokes she adds in, the issues she touched on,
and the occasional pauses between Orked and Jason.
It really reflects how nervous and awkward first dates are.

And i like Jason. Because he's cute.

Gubra is a sequel to Sepet.
But sadly, Jason's gone.
But that's Jason's back.

But Jason's brother, Alan appeared.
He's cute too.

One of the scene i like was the part where Orked
confronted her husband who was having an affair.
"Eight times. You did it Eight times!"

The semiotics.
The symbolism.
The underline meanings.
The humor.

I miss Jason.


Yea. You guessed it.
That's Jason.
And that's Orked.













I have yet to watch Mukhsin.
So i can't say much about it.
But I trust Yasmin the Storyteller.

No comments: