Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My LifeJournal: Al Fatiha

Al Fatiha

16 Sept, 26 Ramadhan.
And we lost someone again.
My maternal grandmother.

Bedridden for more than 2 years.
And today she peacefully leave us.

Though the COD was Myocardial Infarction.

Everyday I walked past her.
But I was always too busy to say Hi,
or to touch her, or to just look at her eyes.

But few days back, I had decided to do just that.
I stopped by her.
Looked at her. Stroked her hands.
Pushed her hair back.
And that was it.

And I continued through my daily routine.
Until today, when I got the news while at work.
I was shocked beyond anything.

Just this morning I heard my mom,
trying to make conversations with her.

And an hour later, she was found...

And everything else starts to kick in.

The initial cleaning up.
The calling of relatives from Msia, In'sia, ME.
The recitation of Surah Yasin.
The welcoming of guests.
The final respect being paid.
The getting ready for breaking fast.

May الله protect me, my entire family (living or deceased) and the people I love
from the punishments of the Jahannam, and the punishments of the grave.


Yeap, another test for my family and I.
That's the 5th passing on I'd seen this year.

Arwah Abah, Arwah Muhd Syafiq, Arwah Nenek,
And 2 others who are like family, Arwah Cik Jamal and Arwah Nek Semah.


The passing on of loved ones really pulls you down back to earth.
And الله loves us so much as to keep reminding us.
Though we had to go through some hardships,
He made everything fall into all the correct places.


Syawal, coming in 3 days,
would never be the same again.




I love my family so much it hurts.



No comments: