Saturday, September 26, 2009

My LifeJournal: My Love


I have an obsession.
Of reading books.
Buying, reading, displaying books.

Of course, I only read fictional books.

And I think I'm the only one,
in my entire family who reads a lot.

If reading is hereditary,
then I must have possessed
a mutated gene.

I remembered vaguely,
starting off with the Ladybird Books.
followed by Enid Blyton Books.

And now, I'm reading
Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse Series.

And once I'm done with that,
and what with The Lost Symbol finally out,
I'm going to start on Dan Brown's
Robert Langdon Omnibus.

Gotten The Last Symbol,
And finally found Angels and Demon
(with special illustrations).
Still scouting for The Da Vinci Code in Hardcover.
The Last Symbol movie in 2012!
Can't wait.

Below are the names of the authors,
whose books I adore.

CeceliaAhern.J.K.Rowling.StephenieMeyer.CharlaineHarris,JenniferWeiner.
SophieKinsella.AudreyNiffenegger.DanBrown.Etc


Indeed I'm a book freak.
I have certain standards that needs
to be met before I buy the books.

Hence, I went to Town all alone.
Went to Borders at Wheelocks,
Kinokuniya at Taka,
Times at Plaza Singapura.

Why?

Cos, it's the time of the year,
when I'm feeling down and depressed and
only books can fill this void.

:)




No comments: