Saturday, December 19, 2009

My LifeJournal: Accident


There's always a first for everything.
And it was my first time caught in an accident,
and my first calling the police.

Well, it wasn't a serious accident.
But I'm pretty traumatised even
after 3 weeks on.


3 weeks ago...

And it happened on this road. About 5 mins walk
from Masjid Ba'Alwi.

The lorry hit the side of the cab,
at the same side I was sitting at.
But
الحمد لله, the traffic was slow
and the lorry managed to swerve
back, scratching the side of the cab
and hitting the side mirror off.

I was strangely calm at that point.
But after the whole calling up
the police though there isn't a
need to and paying my school fees,
it began to hit me how it could actually
have been a freak accident.


And after a while, every jerk
made by a vehicle will caused a
reflex reaction, my hands on my chest.


Tonight...

And tonight was no different.
A 15 yo molester lurking around my
neighbourhood was no help either.
And at 1130pm, no way was I going
to walk by myself from the interchange
to my house.

So I took a cab and how unfortunate
was I to meet yet another reckless driver.
I was scared and was praying the entire time,
while the cab drove 90km/hr on a 50km/hr road
and 120km/hr on a 90km/hr highway.
He was cutting every car and was tailgating!

And at that point of time,
I had actually wished I was with a guy
who could protect me.
Well, not protect per se, but
to distract me from panicking.

But
الحمد لله, I made it home safely.
And here I am, narrating my story.

I'd swore never to take cabs by myself.
I really need someone to accompany
me home. Either that or that.


Anyone? Please?


No comments: