Sunday, December 27, 2009

My LifeJournal : And the SG Idol is...

Sezairi Sezali.

Another malay guy.
It was really strange, how for 3 straight SI,
the winners are the same type.
Malay. Male.

But nevertheless, I thought this season was
way better than the first 2, though I didn't
watch religiously as my teenage self use to.

I'm not sure whether I should say that Sezairi deserves to win.
Cos' I strongly believe that Sylvia has a better voice quality.
In fact, I second the notion that Tabitha should be in the top 2
aside Sylvia.And if that's the case, Taby has a higher chance of winning.

Then again, if we based it on today's performances, I would say
that Sezairi's were impeccable.It was much better than Sylvia.
I guess he won cos he was soulful and a much smoother performer.
Sylvia massacred Coldplay's Yellow and Sezairi sang Touched by and Angel
way better than she did.

Then again, logically speaking, the males have higher chances
of winning cos their fan base (the females) are dedicated to see them through.
To a teenage girl, it's only logical to waste money and hope that one day the guy will
fall in love, marry and have little kids with them.
Whereas the females, whose fan base are mostly males, who only ogles and salivates
after them, don't quite think it's logical to spend so much money on strangers
whom they'll never see again after the season ends.



Either that, or the Malay Community here are secretly rich.



Anyhoots, hopefully he remains true to himself
and reach greater heights.

No matter what anyone said about him not deserving to win,
screw them, cos he won, not Sylvia. And if they had wanted
Sylvia or Taby to win, they should have voted.



Whatever it is, all these SI are nothing compared to my beloved Star Academy.
Yes, yes, it's me rubbing StarAc up your nose again.




No comments: